- Inspect your stuff. Consider whether you would give the items to a friend or family. If not, they are not worth donating.
- Clothing MUST be freshly laundered, folded or on hangers. If it is stained or very worn that is not considered usable.
- Clean your items. Take out dead batteries from toys or electronic. Make sure everything is in good working order.
- Be Considerate! Never leave items outside of the donation center during off hours. We have to pay for the disposal of the ruined items.
- Call ReStored with any questions. 952-388-1525
How to Donate
Donations are accepted at the east door located to the right of the main entrance during store hours.
ReStored has the capacity to make furniture pick-ups by appointment. Call 952-388-1525 for more information.
Can I get a receipt for my donation?
- Yes, ReStored is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization.
What kinds of donated goods does ReStored accept?
- We accept your good, gently used:
– Clothing and accessories
– Christian books
– Toys and games
– Small appliances
– Newer electronics (5 years old or less)
– Solid wood furniture
– All other furniture in good stain-free and working condition. (if something is stained or torn we may need to reject it at the donation door)
- We collect these items for other local organizations and pass them on directly:
– Lotions, soaps, and toiletries
– Pajama bottoms and undergarments, especially bras
– Cotton t-shirts, size Large and larger - these can have stains and rips in them, and are re purposed.
Are there items ReStored cannot accept for donation?
- Unfortunately, there are a few items we cannot accept for a variety of reasons, including safety and chemical hazards, inability to repair or clean items, product recalls or high disposal fees.
– Used fitness equipment
– Used mattresses or box springs
– Sewing machines (unless approved)
– Automobile parts
– Computers or monitors
– Large garden supplies
– Used medical equipment
– Light fixtures
– Window treatments/blinds (unless new and unopened)
– Construction supplies
– Air humidifiers
– Fire extinguishers
– Infant/child car seats
– Baby walkers on wheels
– Non-working appliances
– Non-working electronics, or electronics over 5 years old
– Most organs and pianos (Please call ahead)
– Printers without ink, scanners without installation software
– Water beds
– Water heaters
– Explosive or flammable material
– Hazardous waste
– Large appliances
Can ReStored pick up donations at my home?
- ReStored has the capacity to make furniture pick-ups by appointment. Call 952-388-1525 for more information.
Do you buy goods or take goods on consignment?
- We do not buy goods from the public directly, nor do we take goods on consignment. Because we are a nonprofit, your donation is tax deductible.