ReStored Needs You!
Currently evening and weekend hours are some of the hardest areas for us to cover. If you are available please fill in those open spots first. Click on the link above to volunteer. Contact Cindy with questions.
Pop-Up Pantry Volunteers We are currently in need of two volunteers to help for the Mobile Pantry on the last Mon. of the month. Time required: 10:45 am-12:15 pm. Duties: Help unload truck and set up food in Ministry Room, assist clients receiving food, and finally, helping reload empty boxes and leftover food back on the truck. Contact Julie (firstname.lastname@example.org
Retail Floor Assistants Do you like to help people? Are you willing to listen and pray with them if they are interested?
Retail Assistants work the retail floor, the main priority is helping customers and being friendly to all who walk through the doors of ReStored. Responsible for keeping the retail floor neat, clean and organized, filling shelves and racks as time allows. However the main objective is to meet and greet people, being available for those who are interested in talking and to pray with those who need and want prayer.
Backroom Assistants Do you like to sort and organize things? Greet and help people that are making donations?
Backroom Assistants will assist people dropping off donations. Help sort, organize and clean donations to make them ready to be put on the retail floor. Keep the backroom clean and organized and assist customers that need help with purchased items.
Cleaning Help Are you willing to help clean ReStored, light vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, checking garbages?
ReStored could use weekly help with extra cleaning. Come in Mondays for approximately 2 hours to help with some general cleaning of bathrooms, the retail floor, light vacuuming, and garbage/recycling. All cleaning supplies are at the store. We can be flexible with days and times for this so if it interests you, sign up and let us know what works for you. Contact Cindy.
Ebay Assistant We are looking for a creative, media savvy person to help list items on Ebay. We have an extensive toy collection that needs to be listed on Ebay. We need someone who can:
- Assist with eBay ideas, photos and create listings.
- Monitor updates, manage communication and sales.
- Update ReStored Manager
Can anyone volunteer?
- Volunteers are from Trinity Church and the local community. If you would like to volunteer sign up here or email us at email@example.com for more information.
What will I be asked to do if I volunteer?
- The store has many different roles for volunteers. Generally, new people begin in the backroom and move to different areas from there, including sales floor clerks, stocking, security and the cash register.
What types of support does a volunteer receive?
- Volunteers receive specific training for each role and ongoing support when they serve. Volunteers enjoy a sense of community and purpose as they serve together.
How often would I need to volunteer?
- We generally ask that volunteers serve a four hour shift on a regular basis (either weekly or twice a month). However, we will try to work with your schedule as much as possible. For example, some volunteers leave MN in the winter and we simply ask for time to plan around that.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- There are many benefits to volunteering: 1) the local community receives help because of your service, 2) store customers receive the best goods at the lowest price, 3) volunteering provides significant help to those who rely on thrift goods to manage a tight budget, and 4) you will be part of a recycling and conservation effort by keeping used goods out of overflowing landfills.