ReStored Needs You!
Currently evening and weekend hours are some of the hardest areas for us to cover. If you are available please fill in those open spots first. Click on the link above to volunteer. Contact Cindy with questions.
Retail Floor Assistants Do you like to help people? Are you willing to listen and pray with them if they are interested?
Retail Assistants work the retail floor, the main priority is helping customers and being friendly to all who walk through the doors of ReStored. Responsible for keeping the retail floor neat, clean and organized, filling shelves and racks as time allows. However the main objective is to meet and greet people, being available for those who are interested in talking and to pray with those who need and want prayer.
Backroom Assistants Do you like to sort and organize things? Greet and help people that are making donations?
Backroom Assistants will assist people dropping off donations. Help sort, organize and clean donations to make them ready to be put on the retail floor. Keep the backroom clean and organized and assist customers that need help with purchased items.
Cleaning Help Are you willing to help clean ReStored, light vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, checking garbages?
ReStored could use weekly help with extra cleaning. Come in Mondays for approximately 2 hours to help with some general cleaning of bathrooms, the retail floor, light vacuuming, and garbage/recycling. All cleaning supplies are at the store. We can be flexible with days and times for this so if it interests you, sign up and let us know what works for you. Contact Cindy.
Can anyone volunteer?
- Volunteers are from the local community. If you would like to volunteer signup here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Children 12 years and older are welcome and need to be accompanied by an adult at all times during their shift.
What will I be asked to do if I volunteer?
- The store has many different roles for volunteers. Generally, new people begin in the backroom and move to different areas from there, including sales floor clerks, stocking, security and the cash register.
What types of support does a volunteer receive?
- Volunteers receive specific training for each role and ongoing support when they serve. Volunteers enjoy a sense of community and purpose as they serve together.
How often would I need to volunteer?
- We generally ask that volunteers serve a four hour shift on a regular basis (either weekly or twice a month). However, we will try to work with your schedule as much as possible. For example, some volunteers leave MN in the winter and we simply ask for time to plan around that.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- There are many benefits to volunteering: 1) the local community receives help because of your service, 2) store customers receive the best goods at the lowest price, 3) volunteering provides significant help to those who rely on thrift goods to manage a tight budget, and 4) you will be part of a recycling and conservation effort by keeping used goods out of overflowing landfills.